Have tried this chocolate cake from NoorMasri some time back. Came out very nice and moist. But tried again this time with slight addition. Sedapp!!
Ingredients A :
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (sift)
1 cup sugar
1 cup evaporated milk
1 cup vegetable oil or melted butter
½ cup condensed milk
Ingredients B (Sift together) :
1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp instant coffee granules (dilute with ½ tbsp hot water)
1 tsp coffee emulco
- Heat water in steamer. Lined and greased a 11 inch round baking tin.
- Put in all ingredients A into a non-stick pan and cook on a small flame until sugar dissolves and all ingredients are well mixed.
- Remove from flame and leave until it becomes just slightly warm.
- Beat eggs until fluffy then add in the slightly warm cocoa mixture.
- Drip in the vanilla essence, instant coffee mixture and coffee emulco.
- Add in sifted flour and mix well.
- Pour into baking tin. Cover with aluminium foil and make sure the foil are secured at the rims of baking tin.
- Steam for 1 ½ hours. When done, remove from baking tin and leave to cool before frosting.
250 g cooking chocolate
1 tbsp butter
130 g whipping cream
Melt chocolate using a double-boil method. When all chocolate have melted, remove from fire and add in whipping cream and butter. Mix well. Pour onto cake.