Tried this banana cake last week. It was slightly burnt on the top. Guess the oven was too hot. I had to reduce the oven temperature after baking for ½ hour as the top has darkened, but still not done in the middle when tested. The cake itself is lovely and moist, though the taste of banana is quite lacking.
250 g flour}
1 tsp baking powder}
½ tsp baking soda}
185 g margarine
185 g castor sugar
2 large eggs (beat well)
1 cup mashed banana
2 tsp lime juice
2 tbsp milk
- Pre-heat oven to 185 deg C (I had my oven set at that temp but reduced it to 160 after ½ hour). Grease and flour an 8” round baking tin.
- Cream together margarine and sugar till light and fluffy. Add in eggs a little at a time.
- In a separate bowl, mix together mashed banana, lime juice and milk. Then add into the creamed margarine.
- Fold in sifted flour and mix well.
- Pour into greased baking tin and level the top.
- Bake for 1 hour or until done.